1. Ciudad Juarez, Mexico -City claims to have one of the highest murder rates in the world. Many high-ranking members of the police force have been assassinated and military is almost non-existent.
2. Mogadishu, Somalia – Situated in a part of the world where there is no law, Mogadishu is known as a failed city. Central government has no control over most of the country’s territories.
3. Grozny, Chechnya – Residents of Grozny, also known as the most destroyed city on Earth, have either fled or continue to be in constant threat from the mafia and local gangs.
4. Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo Even though this is the largest city of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, it has severe internal problems like gang violence, property damage, rape and disease.
5. Guatemala City, Guatemala Due to the lack of adequate political and legal institutions drug violence thrives in Guatemala. The city is known to be amongst the most volatile region in Western hemisphere.
6. Caracas, Venezuela The murder rate is so high in this city that at the end of 2008 Caracas was better known as murder capital of the world.
7. Detroit, Michigan, United States With a record of 386 murders for 606,585 inhabitants in one year, Detroit is certainly one of the most dangerous cities not only in United States but in the world.
8. Baghdad, Iraq Blood is not a new thing for this war-torn capital. Life has lost value here long ago and there is no count of how any murders, kidnappings and rapes take place in Baghdad.